Silver Amalgam Fillings.
September 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
Despite the innocent name name, these fillings are hardly silver at all. In fact, the majority of the ‘silver” in amalgam fillings is actually mercury. The same mercury that is considered to be horribly toxic.
While the American Dental Association has maintained that the amalgam fillings are completely safe, there have been quite a bit of research that may indicate otherwise. Some studies have linked mercury toxicity to several autoimmune diseases, including MS.
This theory alone was enough for me to get my mercury fillings removed. (Well, I also met someone that had a MS misdiagnosis that was actually mercury toxicity. Pretty crazy stuff!) I had this done a little while ago, back in May I believe. Unfortunately, no, I have not seen any difference in my symptoms. It was worth a shot, right?
Overall, I’m glad that I went ahead and had them removed, especially after watching the video below. It is pretty interesting video and gives a great visual of what these fillings can do inside your mouth!